#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I think this article is weird. It makes it seem like large numbers of
non-whites or Spanish-speakers is new. It isn't. That is what the majority
of the population in the continental US has been for hundreds of years. So
the author basically picked out some people who work in a Spanish-speaking
workplace and used it as a jumping off point to discuss white xenophobia.

The number of actual white people has never affected how the whites see
themselves. A white person in a white minority community could very well
never see the minorities if he/she lives in a segregated community, whether
the segregation is de facto or de jure.

The author makes it seem as though the white fears are based on some sort
of real demographic change. Whatever the actual numbers I think it is
obvious that that is not what is driving this sentiment.

On Sat, Aug 4, 2018, 3:14 PM Louis Proyect via Marxism <