#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

“We are not the dirt, we clean”, is the slogan from United Voices of the
World (UVW,) a relatively new union that is making a big industrial splash
in Britain. UVW is a members-led, campaigning trade union, which supports
and empowers the most vulnerable groups of precarious, low-paid and
predominantly migrant workers in the country. The union was founded in
2014, rapidly gaining media attention and popular support with a series of
high-profile victories for workers serving Sothebys, Harrods and the London
School of Economics. Their members work overwhelmingly in London’s
ubiquitous outsourced industries, which include cleaning, portering,
security, and retail, waiters and bar staff. . .

full at:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2018/08/24/we-are-not-the-dirt-we-clean-united-voices-of-the-world-a-union-with-a-difference/