#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Yes, I agree about at least a major wing of the Christian evangelical right
wing. Every fascist movement takes on the public face of the culture and
traditions that are appropriate to the country or society in which it develops.
I don’t think the openly fascist groups, with their “heil, Hitler” and similar
stuff, will become a mass fascist movement here; they are too far outside the
cultural traditions. Even the day of the KKK is past as far as becoming a mass
movement, in my opinion. It’s the Christian evangelicals who have that
potential. However, while almost all of them are far right, I don’t think they
all are fascist; it’s only.a wing of them that is or has that potential. And
that’s the entire point - that they aren’t a mass movement yet and don’t have
that mass militia yet, although some of the Second Amendment gun fanatics could
develop into such. But clearly, we are far from there, although especially in
the US a lot of ground can be covered quite quickly.

However, I still feel that the end of bourgeois democracy in the US, if it
happens anytime soon, will more resemble bonapartism/one-man rule than fascism,
although there will likely be a fascist component to it.

John

Sent from my iPad