#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

When I ran across this joke in a free publication I thought it was at least a
straw in the wind, telling us what some other people are thinking.

Given that it was already out there and likely to circulate, I thought you
might as well hear it from me instead of being surprised by it in another forum.

                ken h

You may or may not find this funny, but you should be ready to hear it going
around.

“We should have known communism would fail, I mean there were a lot of red
flags.”

For those whose first language is not English, a red flag in some contexts is a
warning of danger.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_flags

http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/111/t/41862.aspx