#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I found the article interesting for its information about what "genetic
testing" proves and does not prove --- but I think the writer (and the
critics) have it all wrong.   Trump got tremendous mileage out of his claim
that Obama was not born in the United States - so much mileage that when
Obama released his long form birth certificate it did NOT convince many
right-wingers.

Warren knew that if she were going to run for President she'd be subjected
to the "Pochohantas" chants of Trump and his supporters === so she decided
to go ahead with the tests --- WHICH HAD BEEN the basis of Trump's "bet"
which exists on film.  He can deny what he said forever but at least this
time he's on TAPE so his died in the wool supporters will have to twist
themselves into knots to justify his refusing to make good on his bet --

Now that the test is in --- she does not have to contend with being called
a liar about the family story ---

She made very clear that she is NOT asking for official tribal identity --
All she is doing is saying that the story that was passed down through the
family was accurate -- period!