#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

We do not control the borders.  If employers want “illegals” to work for them,
they will be allowed in.
Our choice is how we will respond to the “illegals.”  And all our experiences
tell us we must embrace them and do what we can to improve their conditions.
Only then will we take away the weapon of the desperate worker from the hands
of the employers.

In part, what brought me to this view was a folk singer more than 50 years ago.
 He sang Phil Ochs Bracero and he took a moment to explain that these workers
would be allowed in to the US. until the harvest was over and then deported.

Any support on our part for border security will be used as a whip against the
undocumented workers.

                ken h