#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

been involved in the murder of Raed Fares and Hamoud Juneid, Louis responded
sarcastically: "Maybe it was the Cali cartel".

This flippant comment ignores the intervention of the Turkish MIT (National
Intelligence Organisation) in Syria.

I am not the only one to have commented on this intervention.  In a message
sent to this list on October 4, RKOB linked to an article which said:

"Since late April 2018, more than 330 liberation fighters have been
assassinated in Idlib – the majority of them commanders and militants of HTS.
It is a well-known secret that the Turkish MIT respectively its local agents
are responsible for this tragedy."

***

Louis refers to the "Baathist Third Reich".  Kurds, pointing to the history of
genocide in Turkey, sometimes draw parallels between the Turkish state and Nazi
Germany.  This helps explain the PYD's distrust of groups supported by Turkey.

Chris Slee