#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

It really is a common phrase. I don't even listen to rap music.

I think you guys are giving an awful lot of leeway to an orchestrated
attack while giving very little to Omar. No reasonable reading of what we
see on Twitter involved her saying anything insensitive. Other people read
anti-Semitic tropes into it the same way they've read it into virtually any
opposition to Israel, it's lobby, etc.

It reminds me of that fiasco some years back about the Muslim kid who built
a clock and was arrested because the teacher said it might be a bomb. Once
the idea that it was "bomb-like" was planted, other people began lending
validity to the suspicion, as though the kid had done something wrong. The
same thing is happening here. Only after the onslaught did anyone go back
and read anti-Semitism into what were actually entirely benign comments.
The anti-Semitism panic is reversely dictating the meaning of her tweets
when any reasonable reading of the tweets said nothing wrong.

And she felt the need to apologize for fairly obvious reasons that had
nothing to do with her being incorrect. She was held hostage.

Amith R. Gupta

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 10:40 PM Ken Hiebert via Marxism <