#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

As I reported earlier, I had a long conversation about education policy
with top staff in the Bernie Sanders campaign. Among other things, I
explained that charters are a first step on the privatization path that
leads to vouchers and that charters cause deep cuts to public schools. I
emphasized that charter schools are privately managed and areNOT public
schools.

I could not have been clearer in warning that charters that get high scores
“succeed” by screening out the kids they don’t want.

So Bernie’s campaign issued a statement on public schools this morning. The
big message: Reinvest in public schools.

But this is point one:

   - We must make sure that charter schools are truly serving the needs of
   disadvantaged children.

This ignores the fact that charter schools are not public schools. They are
privately managed. They are free to choose their students and free to expel
those they don’t want.

https://dianeravitch.net/2019/04/16/bernie-still-clueless-about-charters/
*Mobs*