#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

This was really worth a read.  It is so good to be reminded of first
principles in the way that this article does.

I have been absolutely devastated by the results of the Australian
election. I do not want to even think about never mind discuss what
happened. So my political gaze is elsewhere - the UK of course where I have
spent a good deal of psychic energy following the Corbyn movement. On the
surface, at least, Corbyn's project seems to me an attempt to save
capitalism from the capitalists. Of course there is much more to discuss
about it, but I am an old leftist and as much as I support Corbyn I am all
too aware of the limitations of a simple revival of Keynesian-ism

I have also been interested in the fact that the settler-colonial project
underway in Palestine is the first time such a project has been so widely
publicised. Every day on my time line images of Israeli brutality are
displayed.  I understand the impatience of those who support the
Palestinians. Of course. But the steady drip feed of images of IDF and
settler brutality has accelerated the decay of Zionism. Someday the 2nd law
of dialectics will kick in in Palestine and the ME and we will all be
astonished.

comradely

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 6:13 AM Louis Proyect via Marxism <