#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Trump continues to be something of a puzzle to me. I cannot quite get my
mind around his awful grossness. He continues to be worse than anything I
ever expected..

I would excuse that focus partly because I  think it is a mistake to
understate the seriousness of when our rulers become uncivilised. I know of
course that all structures of oppression or master-slave ensembles rest on
a layer of dirty business. I have said that often. The torturers,
assassins, liars, felon setters, receivers & initiators of corruption are
essential to the rule of the modern capitalist state. But now to me it
looks like someone has lifted up the rock and the unspeakable is everywhere.

 Indeed I have said that many times and I like to think I am making a moral
point here but it is more probable that I am making an aesthetic judgement.

If so, I readily confess that is a political and moral mistake.  It is
really not the bastard's awfulness, or his hair or his pathological lying
or his sustained imitation of a deplorable that should concern us. It is
his capacity to bully & badger the ruling class that should worry us
deeply. The spectacle of the UK establishment grovelling in fear at the
feet of this bully is something I will take with me to the end.

When Trump declared the UK National Health Service was "on the table", for
me it was as if Bugsy Siegel and Meyer Lanksy had come to town or like we
were watching a rerun of the Cuban scenes from *Godfather 2, *or like I was
in the middle of the scene from *Godfather 1 *when the Five Families decide
to permit the trade in heroin. Everything was on the table.

The bright side of it all is that the Labour Party activists seem to have
been able to exploit Trump's slavering over the prospect of getting his
paws on the NHS, and it may have been a factor in the Labour Party victory
in the Peterborough by election.

But Trump carries on. He claims now the Queen had the time of her life. She
is 93! I laughed with scorn at all that. But still the feeling remains that
Trump is capable of doing something terrible and no one in the
establishment will dare to stop him.

comradely

Gary