#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

As for women's spaces being about safety vs prudery, of course women were
not safe in that world when "People pissed,
shit, washed, and did all manner of human social intercourse without
regards to any sort of gender." Women would use chamber pots and empty them
the next day rather than risk going out at night. So just because that was
how things were didn't make it some kind of utopia. As Marxists we get that
about the past, right. We don't romanticise it. And of course this is, and
always has been a class issue.The wealthy were of course the first to get
the gains.

And in the third world, it a massive class issue for poor women. In places
like India, poor women are fighting for those spaces now. Women have to
'hold on' all day, risking urinary tract infections, because there are no
safe facilities and rapes often occur when they attempt to find somewhere
to relieve themselves.
https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2014/06/25/human-rights-gang-rape-sharmila-l-murthy
It should be natal women who get to decide if self declared women are to be
allowed into women's spaces.

Cheers,
John

--
The law locks up the man or woman
Who steals the goose from off the common