#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Interesting to see this posted here. My understanding of this author's
previous writings is that he is a "Third Worldist," i.e. he does not
believe, contra Marx, that it is necessary for so-called "First World"
workers to organize a labor movement because they are effectively bought
off as part of the "labor aristocracy" and that by extension most
leftist/progressive movements in the First World are made up of imperialist
exploiters, etc. etc. I was coincidentally reading some of the debates
about this point of view earlier this weekend. It seems to be some sort of
extension of Maoism. The global division of wealth seems like a
straightforward and obvious matter but the conclusion that this author (or
at least, some of his online supporters) appear to have concluded seems
questionable to say the least.

Amith R. Gupta

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 9:37 PM Louis Proyect via Marxism <