#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

As of this morning, this article still appears on the Global Research website.
I have omitted some of the article.
                ken h

“Fake Intelligence”? Washington Blames Iran for Ukraine Airliner Crash. Was the
Plane Brought down by a Missile?
Stephen Lendman

https://www.globalresearch.ca/blaming-iran-ukraine-airliner-crash/5700207
<https://www.globalresearch.ca/blaming-iran-ukraine-airliner-crash/5700207>

A Reuters report was similar, saying the Ukraine aircraft “was likely brought
down by an Iranian missile,” citing Canadian PM Justin Trudeau and
“intelligence from Canadian and other (unnamed) sources.”

Iranian officials debunked false claims about a missile or rocket downing the
Ukraine airliner.

Iran’s Civil Aviation Organization head Ali Abedzadeh said the following:

“From a scientific viewpoint, it is impossible that a missile hit the Ukrainian
plane,” adding:

“The plane caught fire three minutes into the flight, according to what the
witnesses have reported and the data collected from the parts of the airplane.”

“The pilot tried to return the airplane at the altitude of 8,000 feet, but due
to the fire, the airplane crashed and exploded.”

“We can say that the airplane, considering the kind of the crash and the
pilot’s efforts to return it to Imam Khomeini airport, didn’t explode in the
air. So, the allegation that it was hit by missiles is totally ruled out.”

“(B)ecause the airplane was Ukrainian, Ukraine is obliged to cooperate with us,
and has started cooperation. Their team of experts has arrived in Tehran, and
we have coordinated the issue with them on different aspects.”

“Iranian experts and the Ukrainian ones have had a meeting so that we could
determine the cause of the incident in cooperation with the Ukrainian side.”

An official investigation into the cause of the crash is underway.

On Thursday, Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi dismissed false
accusations about an IRGC missile downing the Ukraine airliner.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran has begun investigation into the cause of this
plane crash in accordance with the international standards and the ICAO’s
(International Civil Aviation Organization’s) criteria, and has invited
Ukraine, as the owner of the plane, and the Boeing company, as the plane
manufacturer, to take part in the investigation,” he explained, adding:

“The Islamic Republic of Iran welcomes the presence of experts from the
countries whose nationals have been killed in the tragic incident, and requests
the Canadian prime minister and any other government with information about
this issue to give the information to the committee investigating the incident
in Iran.”

Ukraine Airlines Flight 752 crashed hours after Iranian missiles struck two US
bases in Iraq.

They were launched in retaliation for the Trump regime’s assassination of IRGC
Quds Force commander General Qassem Soleimani — an act of war by the US against
Iran.

Both incidents were unrelated, no credible evidence suggesting otherwise.

On Thursday, IRGC spokesman Abolfazl Shekarchi debunked false accusations,
saying:

Western sources “are spreading propaganda that the Ukrainian flight was
targeted. This is ridiculous,” adding:

“Most of the passengers on this flight were our valued young Iranian men and
women.

“Whatever we do, we do it for the protection and defense of our country and our
people.”

If the airliner was struck by a missile, it likely would have broken apart in
flight which no evidence suggests happened.

Separately, Ukrainian authorities ruled out terrorism, suggesting likely engine
failure, what an analysis of the crash site and black boxes aboard the doomed
aircraft will likely determine.

Falsely claiming an Iranian missile may have brought down Ukraine Airlines
Flight 752 is similar to wrongfully accusing Russia for downing Malaysian
Airlines MH17 on July 17, 2014 in eastern Ukraine airspace.

The latter Big Lie persists despite no credible evidence proving it, plenty of
evidence debunking it.

Investigations of commercial airline crashes take considerable time to complete.

It’ll likely be months before it’s officially known why Ukraine Airlines Flight
752 went down.

There were no credible reports of satellite images showing one or more missiles
in Iranian airspace before the Ukraine airliner crashed.

When the cause is determined and publicly announced, it’ll no doubt cite a
technical malfunction, not an Iranian missile responsible for what happened.

A Final Comment

On Friday, Press TV quoted Iran’s Civil Aviation Organization head Ali
Abedzadeh, saying the following:

“From a scientific viewpoint, it is impossible that a missile hit the Ukrainian
plane,” adding:

“The plane caught fire three minutes into the flight, according to what the
witnesses have reported and the data collected from the parts of the airplane.”

“We can say that the airplane, considering the kind of the crash and the
pilot’s efforts to return it to Imam Khomeini airport, didn’t explode in the
air. So, the allegation that it was hit by missiles is totally ruled out.”

Press TV also reported that five unnamed Western “security sources,” three US
ones, a European, and a Canadian one, said a technical malfunction likely
caused the crash, not a missile.