#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

But, if you have to rise taxes, not to fund the spending as such, but to offset
inflation, how much difference does it really make?

Kavanagh: ”…surtaxing the rich does not transfer funds directly to pay for
another activity like healthcare, but it does help configure the money supply
on a macro level to enable more social spending. It averts the inflation that
would occur if both a lot of spending on healthcare andthe infinite
appropriation of money by individuals were tolerated. Taxes don’t raise funds;
they do help control the money supply.”