#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 2/26/2020 1:03 PM, Mark Lause via Marxism wrote:
The former suggests something for which nobody . . . NOBODY . . . has ever
been able to identify a means and a strategy.

I have a recollection from when I worked at the Institute for Policy Studies in 1988, that Robert Borosage did have such a strategy, and for awhile (about this time into the 1988 primaries) there was a sense it could be accomplished by Jesse Jackson. As is the case now, the central question posed - e.g. by another Jackson advisor, Vicente Navarro - was whether single-payer health insurance was the sort of issue that would break the oligarchs' and neoliberals' hold.

I'm sure in places like /Monthly Review /you could find this argument from 1988.

Cheers,

Patrick