#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

As far as UHW-W is concerned, what you have described is in large part
attributable to the after effects of the takeover of that local union by the
national SEIU leadership almost ten years ago now. Before that time, there was
a rather strong steward network - especially at Kaiser but in other hospitals
as well.  Those stewards had a pretty good practice of keeping their members
informed and activated.  The takeover swept away much of that network, although
I know that a handful remain in various places and are still doing their best,
notwithstanding problems with the local union's problematic leadership.

The national leadership wanted to replace the stewards with call in centers.  I
wonder if that has been implemented.

Still, what you describe is troubling given that healthcare is supposed to be
one of the strongest sectors of the labor movement right now.  SR