#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

When it comes to warding off COVID-19, I’ve been ahead of the curve. Last October, after a bout with acute bronchitis that lasted most of the month, I resolved never to go through such an ordeal again. I started using hand sanitizer and avoided touching my face. Like my glaucoma, it is a geriatric illness. When I checked the New York Times archives for tips on dealing with bronchitis, I was shocked to discover how many well-known and powerful geezers came down with it: Konrad Adenauer, Boris Yeltsin, Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Paul Robeson. None died from bronchitis, but around half were hospitalized, a routine treatment for powerful heads of state (except for Robeson.)

While bronchitis is not life-threatening, COVID-19 certainly is. As a septuagenarian, I am vulnerable. On top of that, the illness indicated that my immune system was compromised, just as you’d expect. Getting through this pandemic is a matter of life and death for me, especially since I live in New York City, the epicenter.

full:
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1FQxjzFKNpqhdBqQvR162VX3hgDszQ2_Y3OobCaaoTlotTb1L9_oIQYZQaPpwpI_XDKuzxmlL3artzVbysDv23b3-x7IvwgQlk3y8q14-c-Sb_Kpra6vFJDFG5z0YIBw2jwAcM0nzFddV3HbEKLQbp7fKGhQT-jVxAH5YuIy8WX9GzrHr5aNlo3KjA0mJvDh436FJyB1uR-_YEKyMCsei5JS-nLLqWEfR_ZuzpHdvia5A3ekJ2LVgVH4XSLl92aZo7u_7ec1JV3LvG9LjCARZ21Tk5s_6nH0JYIvwDf_-YfbtvawXFomAyVpBa8W8oX5ZbUEP4fOfEPi8_N28BKMQZNFCJUz3QNpy1GsepROF8w3V-0IyWGXu8mml9_-UFqtrJhtWYxabyCchV8n8Ymz7GQ/https%3A%2F%2Flouisproyect.org%2F2020%2F03%2F27%2Flife-and-death-in-the-epicenter%2F