#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The media today emphasises our personal responsibility – just as it does in the case of the environmental catastrophe – and portrays people who work from home and support small entrepreneurs by ordering food as responsible citizens and heroes of today. In my opinion, this distracts our attention from the cause of the current crisis and from thinking about how to change our social and economic system. We can already see that the consequences of this pandemic are and will be terrible, but what is even scarier is the possibility that this crisis will not kickstart a global reflection on industrial farming, public health services, the reasons behind migration waves and what the radical changes necessary to minimise and defeat future pandemics like COVID-19 are. Let’s figure out what Wuhan is like, how the biological and the social elements are connected in the spreading of the virus, how much it is linked to modern colonialism and the exploitation of animals for profit; why states abandoned all their affairs to fight the coronavirus, and who bears the brunt of the crisis.

https://www.criticatac.ro/lefteast/not-the-first-one-neither-the-last-one/