#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 5/31/20 10:01 AM, Ken Hiebert via Marxism wrote:

May I make a comment from a distance?  If I was given a choice between the
previous period of relative inactivity and the current upsurge of struggle, I
would take the current upsurge, with whatever shortcomings it has.  I think
some of the shortcomings may be inevitable until a leadership gels. And this
leadership is struggling to emerge from the smothering influence of the
Democratic Party.   Within the current upsurge I would support those who are
trying to promote self-organization and a perspective of ongoing struggle.
                ken h

To anybody who might have gotten the wrong impression, my post was a polemic against a poetry professor who argues that riots are the form of the coming insurrection. That's from the Verso blurb, as if Tariq Ali doesn't know the difference between an insurrection and a revolution.

I also included FB posts by Rick Sklader who embraced the protests, including the burning of Target. He warned, however, about alt-right penetration of the protests that led to the burning of a library and a black-owned barbershop.