#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Vancouver Island man’s brother and cousin die amid protests in Chicago
https://www.vancourier.com/2.2065/vancouver-island-man-s-brother-and-cousin-die-amid-protests-in-chicago-1.24144968

<https://www.vancourier.com/2.2065/vancouver-island-man-s-brother-and-cousin-die-amid-protests-in-chicago-1.24144968>

Jelks recalls the day in Chicago he was walking to a friend’s house, his
university registration papers under his arm, when police swarmed. They
descended from alleyways and cars.

“The next thing you know police come out of nowhere with guns pointed at my
face,” said Jelks “to yell at me to take my hands out of my pocket. I told them
‘no, I’m not going to do such a thing, you come take them. I’m not gonna get
shot.”