#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

The responses to my defense of antifa were predictable. Louis, like he
usually does, confuses the amorphous and difficult to define antifa with
the black bloc which operates somewhere between the autonomist movement and
the early weatherman ( days of rage).  Once that misrepresentation is
assumed, he proceeds with criticism that is both warranted and unwarranted.
He and I have debated this more than once. Ken's comments seem to reflect
the former ISO position, which is actually not counter to most antifa
manifestations.  In other words, the most effective way to shut down
fascists is through mass protests. Obviously, the militance of those
protests depends on the locale and other such things that always come into
play at protests.
Misconstruing antifa is part of what my piece was about. Even the FBI has
stated they have no evidence of Antifa involvement in rioting or looting
this past week-- whatever that's worth.
Ron j