#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

You assume that baristas, hair stylists, carpenters aren't putting their
bodies on the line and normally a lot wouldn't be because they are at work.
This time, they are. In fact, I personally know of a barista (from
Starbucks) and a carpenter (won't say from where) who regularly go out in
the same affinity group. Without a doubt there are hair stylists in
SF/Oakland doing the same thing.

If you aren't active in these groups, you won't get a notice for you to
show up so if you don't know about them that doesn't mean they are not
happening and two, you aren't going to really know they're demographics as
they are not homogeneous. Folks I know personally do not sneer at peaceful
protests and work to separate their actions so the old tired out narrative
of peaceful protest hijacked is provable to be false, along with the idea
violence is used that somehow soils the other peaceful protest when the
fact is that those who often put their bodies on the line protecting POC
are vilified and lumped in with looters (god forbid anyone loot) and
property destruction/vandalism. And the assumption that all of these
"instigators" are white kids with universal privilege is simply not what I
see in the bay area.