#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

We’ve had the argument that the major global issue of the 21st century is the growing trade and technology war between the US and China. In their book, Trade Wars are Class Wars, Klein and Pettis reckon that the trade imbalances are cause by inequality and income and consumption in the two powers: China has ‘excess savings’ and the US has ‘excess consumption’. I have argued that this argument is false in previous posts.

https://thenextrecession.wordpress.com/2020/07/19/capital-wars/