"And the list wonders why there aren't more women participating in
these discussions." ML

Thanks for invitation. I doubt that an Iraqi/Afghani/ Palestinian
woman at the present time, who has lost every men out her family and
just buried her children, would  participate in the discussion between
academically acclaimed  me, analyzing with all the coolness  of the
bookish knowledge the end of her life.
To get some feelings about "who raped whom" I may recommend the Soviet
movie ( early 70-ties), based on the  Yury Nagibin's  novel "The
Women's Realm". ( Title preserved)
        Action takes a place in the
godforsaken Siberian village, where there are no more men left alive
but still too many and too small children, who cry for food. ( What is
also not there). At the end of their struggle for survival one of 16
got the luck : her husband is wounded but alive and coming home. At
the certain day all of them are gathering  on the shabby train station
to meet the man.  Tied to the stretcher a man is brought from the
train and women meet a human alive but without legs and arms. His
eyes, observing the reaction, is the last  moment, interrupted by the
hysterical cry of his wife.
I noticed that long time members of this list like movies. There was
even the attempt to remember some Soviet films.("Cranes Are Flying" ,
how about this one?). Now, please, continue  quite exciting  topics
like   "who won the World War II?"  Or -"who raped whom and how many
were raped by the Reds and by the Nazi". And, please, the moderator of
the list is right: do not insult each other.