S. Artesian (sartes...@earthlink.net) wrote on 2009-09-01 at 17:16:09 in
about Re: [Marxism] China's high speed rail plans:

> So, no the whole thing is not "making use" or "bowing down,"  the whole
> thing is rather what class is being strengthened by the path, the policy,
> the economic programs currently in place in China.

> Who's getting stronger?
> The proletariat as a class conscious of itself?
> Or the bourgeoisie in China as a class?

  Both of them. The Chinese nation is getting stronger. China is recovering
from the defeat of the Boxer uprising, and from the Japanese invasion and
occupation. China's infrastructure is being built up, the industry expands, and
with the latter the proletariat is growing in numbers and in strength.

  As to the railways building programme, I don't know how much more should
and could be done, but what they are doing is impressive. Maybe Sartesian
has some suggestions what the Chinese should make different, which would
be more productive for the discussion than his usual ultraleft musings.

  If a real workers-and-farmers government were in power in Beijing, what
would that do different?

  Some of Sartesian's writings suggests that they should make millions of
workers unemployed, in order to increase the per worker productivity...

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany