From: Rights Action [mailto:i...@rightsaction.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:55 AM
To: ch...@afgj.org
Subject: Day87 - HondurasCoupResistance = Widespread repression in Tegucigalpa

DAY 87 – HONDURAS-COUP-RESISTANCE = LIVE FIRE AND DEATHS IN
TEGUCIGALPA / COUNTRY IN LOCK-DOWN

September 22, 2009, 10:00am, est (8:00am, in Honduras)

One can get up-to-the-moment information (when the regime is not
cutting off broadcasting) from Honduran radio “Radio Globo”
(http://www.radioglobohonduras.com/) and from the Telesur TV station
(http://www.telesurtv.net/noticias/canal/senalenvivo.php).

As we send this to our list-serv, there is live fire in the streets of
Tegucigalpa.

Special masked forces of the coup regime have completely surrounded
the Brazilian embassy where President Zelaya is a guest of the
Brazilian government.

>From phone reports we have received from northern and western
Honduras, all or most of the country is militarized.  There is an
all-day, all-night military curfew throughout the country.

According to Telesur, allegedly 2 people have been killed and more wounded.

One can see, in Telesur’s live streaming, that (masked) soldiers and
police have the Brazilian embassy completely surrounded; one can see
the army and police using brutal violence (live bullets, tear-gas,
rubber bullets) against peaceful Honduran anti-coup protesters.

It is suspected the forces are planning to use force to illegally
enter the Brazilian embassy and detain President Zelaya.

INTERVIEWS & MORE INFORMATION:

Grahame Russell, 1 (860) 352-2448, cel: 1 (860) 751-4285,
i...@rightsaction.org, www.rightsaction.org

SPEAKING TOURS: “RESISTANCE TO MILITARY COUPS & GOLD MINING
DEVASTATION IN HONDURAS & GUATEMALA”

In October, activists with Rights Action will be on speaking tours in
Ontario, Quebec and eastern Canada, and north-east USA, showing slides
and short documentaries and speaking about the on-going pro-democracy,
anti coup movement in Honduras and about indigenous and community
resistance to Goldcorp Inc.’s open-pit, cyanide leach mines in
Guatemala and Honduras.

Karen Spring (spring...@gmail.com) in Ontario
Francois Guindon (francois.guin...@gmail.com) in Quebec and eastern Canada
Grahame Russell (i...@rightsaction.org) in north-east USA

AMERICANS & CANADIANS should contact our members of congress, senators
& members of parliament every day, day after day, send copies of this
information, and demand:

unconditional and public support for the return of the entire
constitutional government of President Zelaya
an immediate suspension of the release of all international funds and
loans to the regime
unequivocal denunciation of the military coup and no recognition of
this military coup and the regime of Roberto Micheletti
no recognition of the November 2009 elections, that candidates from
the traditional Nationalist and Liberal parties are campaigning for,
even as the country is militarized and repression is widespread
concrete and targeted economic, military and diplomatic sanctions
against the coup plotters and perpetrators
application of international and national justice against the coup
plotters and perpetrators
reparations to the victims for the illegal actions and rights
violations committed during this illegal coup

TO DONATE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE FUNDS to the peaceful, people’s pro-democracy
movement in Honduras, make check to “rights action” and mail to:

UNITED STATES:  Box 50887, Washington DC, 20091-0887
CANADA:  552-351 Queen St. E, Toronto ON, M5A-1T8
CREDIT-CARD DONATIONS:  http://rightsaction.org/contributions.htm

For foundations and institutional donors, Rights Action can (upon
request) provide a full proposal of which organizations and people we
are channeling funds to and supporting.

Thank-you for your on-going support for our work and for this struggle.

--
If you do not want to receive any more newsletters, this link

Forward a Message to Someone this link