From: "Daniel Koechlin" <d.koech...@wanadoo.fr>
> The Americans are decidedly anti-dialectic.

And that statement isn't?

A European here, and I'm not convinced the distinction is quite as you put
it. Though maybe a useful way to think about it is the distinction between
procedural and distributive justice. And yet I think these analyses of
culture tend to be a bit, if not anti-dialectic, certainly non-materialist.
A culture is not an expression of some national absolute spirit in
development or some such, but it must derive from material causes. Not so?

--David.