Full:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/11/us/politics/11blackwater.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

Blackwater Guards Tied to Secret Raids by the C.I.A.

By JAMES RISEN and MARK MAZZETTI
Published: December 10, 2009

WASHINGTON — Private security guards from Blackwater Worldwide
participated in some of the C.I.A.’s most sensitive activities —
clandestine raids with agency officers against people suspected of
being insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan and the transporting of
detainees, according to former company employees and intelligence
officiers.

The raids against suspects occurred on an almost nightly basis during
the height of the Iraqi insurgency from 2004 to 2006, with Blackwater
personnel playing central roles in what company insiders called
“snatch and grab” operations, the former employees and current and
former intelligence officers said.

Several former Blackwater guards said that their involvement in the
operations became so routine that the lines supposedly dividing the
Central Intelligence Agency, the military and Blackwater became
blurred. Instead of simply providing security for C.I.A. officers,
they say, Blackwater personnel at times became partners in missions to
capture or kill militants in Iraq and Afghanistan, a practice that
raises questions about the use of guns for hire on the battlefield.