In a message dated 12/24/2009 12:30:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
markala...@gmail.com writes:

I sincerely appreciate your  agreement.

I share your respect for those who've gone before us, and take  your point
about their having done the best they could.  Their lack of  success doesn't
imply a worthlessness if we can learn from our  failures.  In the end, I'm
sure we both hope we are the last generation  to get to our present ages and
have to wonder how capitalism has managed to  survive without even inspiring
much of a serious oppositional  movement.

ML

Mistakes yes.

There was no failure. A system passes through boundaries. Yes, we can fight
 like hell and shape the next boundary. Capital was not overthrown because
it  could not be so. Capital has is opposition but the intellectual
expression of  the opposition changes from one boundary to another in
correspondence
to  whatever section of the working class is the cutting edge of the
struggle.

One cannot be accused of not being able to do the impossible. No where  has
"the revolution" materialized at the front curve of capitalist/industrial
development.  There has been plenty revolts and a hundred years of protest.

Hell, the serf protested over a thousand years. It will not take us this
long.  We are actually on track.

WL.