Well, I feel I should introduce myself to the list, since I've been
asubscriber for two years.

My name is Daniel Koechlin (my ancestors were German). I was born in
1976. Went to university, studied English, went to London, started a PhD
on "Biblical and non-biblical sources of the Diggers'
anti-authoritarianism in the English Civil War" which I never finished
(although I did unearth an otherwise uninteresting Digger tract that was
not in the Thomason collection). I subsequently spent six years in
Suriname, Guyana and Venezuela (South America). I ended up a high school
English teacher in France.

My wife is Indian (from Bihar, Eastern India) and we have two kids.

I speak French, German, English, Dutch, Spanish, Russian and Hindi.

My first interest in politics came at the age of 17 after meeting Raoul
Vanneigem, one of the founders of the Situationist movement (with
Debord). I eventually grew bored with Situationist rhetoric and
phraseology and read Marx, together with countless other authors with a
"Council Communist" bias. I then became strongly involved in (Trade)
Unionist activities and have been a staunch Union man ever since.

This introduction is somewhat over-due, but here it is nonetheless.