Concerning Mao, let's not forget murdering over 70 million people.
Correct idea?  Correct practice?
Correct dialectic?

According to Chang and Halliday, Mao would add to the 5-year plans, 5-year
"repression" plans, claiming on the eve of each new
"red terror" that 5% (or 10% or 20%) of the Chinese population was reactionary
and had to be eliminated.
When party officials told him that taking away 60% of peasants' crops would
result in mass starvation (38 million people
died during the "great leap" forward and the "cultural revolution"), he would
scream : "You cannot obey my orders because of your conscience ?
What nonsense ! Conscience is anti-Marxist. Marxism is brutality ! Brutality
and more brutality !" or "People will not obey us because they
love us ! They will obey us because they are terrified of us !" or "Teenagers
must become accustomed to brutality. They must become the
most brutal element in our society.". etc.