Ben Barzman's son is John Barzman, whom many of us knew in the SWP.
The elder Barzman was blacklisted during the McCarthy period (the
story I heard is that Lucille Ball ratted him out--can anyone confirm
or deny?), and moved to France, where he spent the rest of his
career. Those who know John know that he speaks French not only
fluently but without any trace of an American accent.

Tom