Greg McDonald-3 wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/opinion/18sun3.html
>
> Arizona Goes Over the Edge
>
> Published: April 17, 2010
>
> The Arizona Legislature has just stepped off the deep end of the
> immigration debate, passing a harsh and mean-spirited bill that would
> do little to stop illegal immigration. What it would do is lead to
> more racial profiling, hobble local law enforcement, and open
> government agencies to frivolous, politically driven lawsuits.
> [...]
> The Arizona bill is another reminder why the administration needs to
> push for real immigration reform. The failure to address it nationally
> has left the field wide open for this outrage, and we fear more to
> come.

One explanation is that the capitalists are afraid. Another is they seek to
profit from it as well.
Some aim to make a buck by filling their private. for-profit prisons with
undocumented aliens
who will have to somehow pay for their keep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_prisons
http://www.abtassociates.com/reports/priv-report.pdf

"Arizona May Turn Death Row Over to Private Companies"
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/24/us/24prison.html

There is no capitalist solution to this problem, mate, progressive or
otherwise.