Mark Lause wrote:

> I'd suggest that if Michael Smith thinks of fascism as something that
> exists "by degrees," he's got less an idea of what it is than my
> little spotted cat.  And the cat, at least, knows that tuna doesn't
> exist in degrees.

Well, maybe he has a point. When my next door neighbor plays Billy Joel
at full volume after 11, I feel that there is something fascist about
that. Plus, Columbia University didn't give us a raise last year and
probably won't give us more than 1 percent this year if we're lucky.
God-damned fascists. Finally, my wife pinched my nose last night when I
was snoring, waking me up which of course was her intention. I told her
that she was another Mussolini.