Dear Mr. Proyect,

You should pay a little closer attention to your list.

My articles and translations have appeared here from time to time,
usually posted by other people, but sometimes by me, so I think they
explain pretty well why I am here. Who I am is of absolutely no
importance to anyone although I understand your curiosity.

I had never heard of Doug Henwood until I saw the note at Politico,
and as you will note, it was another subscriber who forwarded my post
on the subject to this list.

Since you felt it worthwhile to post your friend's "response" (is he
not a subscriber capable of posting it himself?) I felt it equally
worthwhile for fellow readers to know that Doug could improve his
manners a bit and that his response is disingenuous - as is your own.
My original question remains: why the timing?  And another: was the
substance of Vicky's article correct even if the attribution was
mistaken?

If you're going to quote from my post, please don't edit it to your
convenience: "I’m not saying that Henwood and Smith are being paid by
the U.S. government – if true, it would take years to ferret out
anyway – [here's the part you left out]: but there’s no question that
their efforts are helpful in the government’s quest to destroy
Peláez’s career.

Doug is engaging in the very same thing as occurred in Miami, so yes,
I think it's fair to question his motives.  Besides, he is in a
position to respond.  Himself. Vicky is not.

Machetera