    I read most, but not all of what Joaquin wrote. As a person who works in
various movements, to free the Cuban 5, end the US blockade of Cuba, defend the
independence of Venezuela, fight the oppression of Palestinians, among others,
I welcome all groups and individuals who want to participate. I am interested
in how they contribute to doing the work, not what their ulterior motives are.
    I do not care if 5 of the groups think they are the true Marxist-Leninist
party. I do not care if someone participates because they want to meet a new
girlfriend, because they think it their Christian duty. I think that is
irrelevant. What matters is the work they do and how they contribute. The
better they work, the more they deserve respect. (And in these cases, I find
Workers World Party deserves a lot of respect.)

    Joaquin evidently thinks that is not sufficient, that we should hold up
these self-described ML groups to a special standard and call them out on their
ulterior motives and their other defects. I have read nothing in Lenin that
would justify his position.
    It would seem from Joaquin's logic, we should stay away from Malcolm X
because he fought for some kind of Islamic brotherhood of people, or from
Martin Luther King because he fought for some Christian brotherhood. We should
have stayed away from Lenin's Bolshevik Party because in it Stalnism was
germinating.
    Should we work to end the US travel ban to Cuba, and then denounce every
bourgeois politician who opposes the travel ban, because they see ending the
travel ban as a way to undermine the Cuban social system?
    The only non-sectarian approach in the movement is to work with all groups
and individuals who share our demands and who work with us to achieve our
goals. Ulterior motives, or maybe more correctly, Joaquin's interpretation of
what their ulterior motives, is and should be irrelevant.