In.com received the following note.  Can anyone help him?  Send to me at
mikedjya...@msn.com

I write you because I'm also a historian, and in the coming semester I will be
teaching contemporary American history at the University of Copenhagen.
Recently your magazine included an interview on Fred Hampton
(http://www.monthlyreview.org/091201haas.php), which was translated into Danish
in The New Clarté. I'm curious if there has been done any historical research
into the many radical off-springs from the civil rights movement in the US in
the 1960's (like Blackstone Rangers, Young Lords, Young Patriots, etc.)? I know
some of these groups later degenerated into criminal, non-political, gangs, but
still I think it could be very interesting for my students to get to know about
this very diverse movement. Of course, if you have any recommendations for me
with respect to historical books on the civil right movement in general, the
Black Panther Party, or black national groups from the same period, I will also
be very interested.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

michael yates