  The beginning of this article has a vaguely, no, clearly unpleasant tone
about it. The US government does not "suck up" to Israel. The US is Israel's
boss. I will leave aside whether Jeremy Salt has issues about Jews. But he
clearly has unfounded illusions in US imperialism. If all Israeli soldiers had
on US military uniforms, would their behavior towards Palestinians be
distinguishable from the US miitary's treatment of Iraqis or Afghans? The only
real difference is that in Iraq and Afghanistan the US doesn't say "We're
moving in and you're moving out." They already did that here, in a much more
brutal way than anythng Israel has done.

*By Jeremy Salt – Ankara*