 Louis and Eli noted that we should take what Goldberg says with a grain of
salt. I also searched for this Castro criticism of Amadinejad and found
nothing. But that raises the question of why Castro would choose this reporter
out of all the possibilties he has available to make a statement. And then we
would have to wait and see if Castro repudiates anything Goldberg said Castro
said.

Curiously enough, the provocative direct quote in the headline appears nowhere
in the article, nor do ANY of the statements allegedly made by Castro with
respect to Iran. For example, Goldberg says that Castro "criticized Ahmadinejad
for denying the Holocaust," but again, we don't see any direct quote to that
effect. That's not to say the article isn't accurate in that reporting, but
again, as Louis notes, anything from Jeffrey Goldberg must be taken which more
than just a grain of salt.

Actually much more interesting than the headline claim was this (again, if
accurate):

"I was, I admit, also surprised to hear him express such sympathy for
Jews, and for Israel's right to exist (which he endorsed
unequivocally)."

I refer in particular, of course, to the second half of the sentence, not the
first.

Eli Stephens