  On 9/11/10 9:30 AM, David Thorstad wrote:
 > I reread this excerpt three times and still can't understand how Fidel's
 > comment meant the "exact opposite" of what Goldberg reported,nor how
 > this explanation clarifies things. Obviously, capitalism doesn't work,
 > either for the United States or for Cuba, but how does saying that shed
 > light on his statement that the "Cuban model" doesn't work for Cuba? The
 > whole thing remains unclear.

Louis Proyect responded:

Perhaps it might make sense to understand Goldberg's problem with an
accurate reporting of what Castro said in relation to his failure to
report what Glenn Greenwald supposedly said. As I said starting out,
Goldberg is *not reliable*.
Yes, thanks. It's clear now that Castro was addressing the idea that a
"Cuban model" was one of "exporting revolution." Not, as I had
originally read it, a reference to an alleged Cuban economic or social
model--which I think Goldberg's sloppiness implied. It was to that
supposed "model" that I was referring when I asked earlier just when the
"Cuban model" began and what it consisted of. These are two different
things, and it looks like Goldberg mixed them up.
David