I think we're actually agreed on this.  I don't think the people who put
this together suggested it as a "strategy" of any sort.  It seems to me to
have been proposed as much the same sort of thing as trying to get people to
endorse a mass action on any level.

There's never any harm in trying to open channels that have been hitherto
closed.

There might be a slight difference in terms of the logic of how we see a
mass radicalization resuming in the U.S. at this point.  My sense is that
the previously radicalized folks (those of us here discussing the subject)
will have our greatest influence on the quality of the radicalization when
it emerges, but won't be manufacturing many radicals through our speeches,
writings, campaigns, etc....or initially providing much of a pole of
attraction for the radicalizing.  I think that we're just not that numerous
or visible to the wider world.

Rather, people initially go into motion behind all sorts of "progressive"
leaders and organizations.  My thinking is that the more independent they
are or seem to be--the further left the seeds take root--the better things
will turn out.

ML