The diacritics appear correctly in Microsoft Outlook as well, but not in the
correct font. Still the words are spelled correctly in Polish, Serbo-Croat, and
Magyar.--TB

-----Original Message-----
From: marxism-bounces+tgbias=ptd....@lists.econ.utah.edu
[mailto:marxism-bounces+tgbias=ptd....@lists.econ.utah.edu] On Behalf Of Les
Schaffer
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 4:26 PM
To: tgb...@ptd.net
Subject: Re: [Marxism] The infernal question mark

On 1/4/11 4:18 PM, Paul Flewers wrote:
> I have noticed that when my posts appear here, it is not just curly
> quote marks and em and en dashes that become question marks: anything
> beyond a very basic character set gets mutilated. For example, see how
> these three Polish, Serbo-Croat and Hungarian names come out: Łódź,
> Čošić, Ütő. Can this be changed at all?

they render fine here in Thunderbird ... is handled fine in the archives
as well:

  http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/marxism/2011-January/073621.html

but your posts are coming in UTF-8 character set (encoded in base64) and
i think some people's email apps will not correctly translate to screen.

Les

http://lists.econ.utah.edu/mailman/options/marxism/tgbias%40ptd.net