Is it my imagination or has this descended into how 'crazy' (whatever
that means medically) this character is, rather than a discussion of
the society which routinely throws up these 'crazy' people with
'crazy' ideas about government? Surely the point here is the political
background Loughner matured in, dominated by previously fringe ideas
becoming mainstream.

MATT.

Michael J. Smith wrote:

> Message: 15
> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:10:30 -0500
> From: Michael Smith <m...@smithbowen.net>
> Subject: Re: [Marxism] What makes Arizona's killer just a loner, not a
>       terrorist?
> To: marxism@lists.econ.utah.edu
>
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 18:04:40 -0500
> Jeff Goodwin <jgoodwin....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just a small point: LOUGHNER may think there's an insanity defense.
>
> Which just goes to show how crazy he is.
>
> --
> --
>
> Michael J. Smith
---
'In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she
receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons
her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom.' Proclamation of
Independence, 1916.

'The tradition of all the dead generations weighs like a nightmare on
the brain of the living.' Karl Marx, 1852.

a.marx...@gmail.com