Am finding it difficult to find the time to write my article on Obama's
"government of national unity" down here in sunny Florida, but today's
Washington Post spurs me to carve out that time, given the title of this
article:

After Tucson, a thaw between Obama and McCain?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/15/AR2011011502270.html

The key graf:

The Arizona senator has moved to the right, along with his party, in the
past four years. That makes true partnership with the president more
difficult, given Obama's policies and leanings and the posture of the
Democratic base. But both men have often preferred to look for ways to
operate closer to the political center. Whether it is on immigration,
energy or Afghanistan, the possibilities for greater cooperation between
them seems to exist if the will is there to find some common ground.