On 1/16/2011 2:21 PM, Manuel Barrera wrote:
> Boy, everybody seems to want weigh in on this issue: it accomplishes
> not the "strategy" of J. Loughner, nor even of the rightists, but the
> strategy of capitalist media--to engage in the diversion of
> speculation that bring headlines--and ultimately of the Democratic
> Party Lesser-Evils to steer away from the real problems confronting
> the masses; much like focusing on Assange and his supposed treason as
> opposed to the truths uncovered by his WikiLeaks. It becomes none of
> us to deny either the Truth or the Fiction of this event

Well, Fidel is not just one more in the "everybody" crowd.

This is not about the "strategy" of  Loughner, the rightists, Obama or
the media. It is about the REALITY of a developing fascist movement: it
is this social context that imbued Loughner's madness with political
content.

An attack like this is not just an individual's action, shaped only by
the irrationality of a deranged mind: it also has a social meaning.

What we should be focusing on is not Loughner's individual madness but
the much graver social madness which the United States is being
enveloped by, as a result of its catastrophic military adventures abroad
and economy at home.

Joaquín