----- Forwarded Message -----
From: singh vijay
To: editor revdem
Sent: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 22:42:17 +0530 (IST)
Subject: Fw: Engl-Fr-Esp - Michael Moore - Lettre of support / d'appui / de
apoyo a Julian Assange

--- On Sun, 8/26/12, ARTUSO ANTONIO <pue...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

From: ARTUSO ANTONIO <pue...@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Engl-Fr-Esp - Michael Moore - Lettre of support / d'appui / de apoyo a
Julian Assange
To: "ARTUSO ANTONIO" <pue...@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sunday, August 26, 2012, 9:36 PM

WIKILEAKS ( SUPPORT / APPUYEZ / APOYEN ) -  http://wikileaks.org/
MICHAEL MOORE - http://www.michaelmoore.com/
 ENGLISH - Michael Moore - Why I'm Posting Bail Money for Julian
Assangehttp://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/why-im-posting-bail-moneyBelow
 you will find the text by Michael Moore in support of Julian Assange of
Wikileaks.
More and more people, in the United States (Oliver Stone, Noam Chomsky, etc.),
in Chile, in Canada,
 support the global campaign for the freedom of Julian Assange, for the freedom
of the press and against the raise of fascism of a new type in the United
States.See also video - Interview with Michael Moore.Antonio Artuso -
Translator and Interpreter - Montreal, Quebec, Canada - pue...@sympatico.ca
FRANÇAIS - Michael Moore : Pourquoi j'aide Julian Assange !! - @lter et caetera

http://alter-et-caetera.over-blog.com/article-michael-moore-pourquoi-j-aide-julian-assange-109186619.htmlTexte
 d'appui de Michael Moore à Julian Assange, de WikileaksDe plus en plus de
personnes, au Chili, aux États-Unis (Oliver Stone, Noam Chomsky, etc.), au
Canada, appuient la campagne mondiale pour la liberté de Julian Assange, pour
la liberté de presse, contre le fascisme de type nouveau qui s'installe aux
États-Unis.Voir la vidéo - Interview avec Michael Moore.Antonio Artuso -
traducteur et interprète - Montréal, Québec, Canada - pue...@sympatico.ca
 ESPAÑOL - Carta de Michael Moore: Porque ayudo a Julian Assange - VER ABAJO EL
TEXTO PUBLICADO EN LA JORNADA
Abajo está el texto de apoyo de Michael Moore por la liberación de Julian
Assange, de Wikileaks
Cada vez más gente, en Chile, en los Estados Unidos
 (Oliver Stone, Noam Chomsky, etc.), en Canadá, apoyan la campaña mundial por
la libertad de Julian Assange, por la libertad de prensa, contra el fascismo de
nuevo tipo que se instala en los Estados Unidos.
Ver también el
 video - Entrevista con Michael Moore.Antonio Artuso - traductor e intérprete -
Montreal, Quebec, Canadá - pue...@sympatico.ca
 ENGLISH -
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/why-im-posting-bail-money
Why I'm Posting Bail Money for Julian Assange      By Michael MooreYesterday,
in the Westminster Magistrates Court in London, the lawyers for WikiLeaks
co-founder Julian Assange presented to the judge a document from me stating
that I have put up $20,000 of my own money to help bail Mr. Assange out of jail.
Furthermore, I am publicly offering the assistance of my website, my servers,
my domain names and anything else I can do to keep WikiLeaks alive and thriving
as it continues its work to expose the crimes that were
 concocted in secret and carried out in our name and with our tax dollars.
We were taken to war in Iraq on a lie. Hundreds of thousands are now dead. Just
imagine if the men who planned this war crime back in 2002 had had a WikiLeaks
to deal with. They might not have been able to pull it off. The only reason
they thought they could get away with it was because they had a guaranteed
cloak of secrecy. That guarantee has now been ripped from them, and I hope they
are never able to operate in secret again.
So why is WikiLeaks, after performing such an important public service, under
such vicious attack? Because they have outed and embarrassed those who have
covered up the truth. The assault on them has been over the top:
**Sen. Joe Lieberman says WikiLeaks "has violated the Espionage Act."
**The New Yorker's
 George Packer calls Assange "super-secretive, thin-skinned, [and]
megalomaniacal."
**Sarah Palin claims he's "an anti-American operative with blood on his hands"
whom we should pursue "with the same urgency we pursue al Qaeda and Taliban
leaders."
**Democrat Bob Beckel (Walter Mondale's 1984 campaign manager) said about
Assange on Fox: "A dead man can't leak stuff ... there's only one way to do it:
illegally shoot the son of a bitch."
**Republican Mary Matalin says "he's a psychopath, a sociopath ... He's a
 terrorist."
**Rep. Peter A. King calls WikiLeaks a "terrorist organization."
And indeed they are! They exist to terrorize the liars and warmongers who have
brought ruin to our nation and to others. Perhaps the next war won't be so easy
because the tables have been turned -- and now it's Big Brother who's being
watched ... by us!
WikiLeaks deserves our thanks for shining a huge spotlight on all this. But
some in the corporate-owned press have dismissed the importance of WikiLeaks
("they've released little that's new!") or have painted them as simple
anarchists ("WikiLeaks just releases everything without any editorial
control!"). WikiLeaks exists, in part, because the mainstream media has failed
to live up to its responsibility. The corporate owners have
 decimated newsrooms, making it impossible for good journalists to do their
job. There's no time or money anymore for investigative journalism. Simply put,
investors don't want those stories exposed. They like their secrets kept ... as
secrets.
I ask you to imagine how much different our world would be if WikiLeaks had
existed 10 years ago. Take a look at this photo. That's Mr. Bush about to be
handed a "secret" document on August 6th, 2001. Its heading read: "Bin Ladin
Determined To Strike in US." And on those pages it said the FBI had discovered
"patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations
for hijackings." Mr. Bush decided to ignore it and went fishing for the next
four weeks.
But if that document had been leaked, how would you or I have reacted? What
would Congress or the FAA have done? Was there not a
 greater chance that someone, somewhere would have done something if all of us
knew about bin Laden's impending attack using hijacked planes?
But back then only a few people had access to that document. Because the secret
was kept, a flight school instructor in San Diego who noticed that two Saudi
students took no interest in takeoffs or landings, did nothing. Had he read
about the bin Laden threat in the paper, might he have called the FBI? (Please
read this essay by former FBI Agent Coleen Rowley, Time's 2002 co-Person of the
Year, about her belief that had WikiLeaks been around in 2001, 9/11 might have
been prevented.)
Or what if the public in 2003 had been able to read "secret" memos from Dick
Cheney as he pressured the CIA to give him the "facts" he wanted in order to
build his false case for war? If a WikiLeaks had
 revealed at that time that there were, in fact, no weapons of mass
destruction, do you think that the war would have been launched -- or rather,
wouldn't there have been calls for Cheney's arrest?
Openness, transparency -- these are among the few weapons the citizenry has to
protect itself from the powerful and the corrupt. What if within days of August
4th, 1964 -- after the Pentagon had made up the lie that our ship was attacked
by the North Vietnamese in the Gulf of Tonkin -- there had been a WikiLeaks to
tell the American people that the whole thing was made up? I guess 58,000 of
our soldiers (and 2 million Vietnamese) might be alive today.
Instead, secrets killed them.
For those of you who think it's wrong to support Julian Assange because of the
sexual assault allegations he's being held for, all I ask is that you not be
naive about how the government works when it decides to go after its prey.
Please -- never, ever believe the "official
 story." And regardless of Assange's guilt or innocence (see the strange nature
of the allegations here), this man has the right to have bail posted and to
defend himself. I have joined with filmmakers Ken Loach and John Pilger and
writer Jemima Khan in putting up the bail money -- and we hope the judge will
accept this and grant his release today.
Might WikiLeaks cause some unintended harm to diplomatic negotiations and U.S.
interests around the world? Perhaps. But that's the price you pay when you and
your government take us into a war based on a lie. Your punishment for
misbehaving is that someone has to turn on all the lights in the room so that
we can see what you're up to. You simply can't be trusted. So every cable,
every email you write is now fair game. Sorry, but you brought this upon
yourself. No one can hide from the truth now. No one can plot
 the next Big Lie if they know that they might be exposed.
And that is the best thing that WikiLeaks has done. WikiLeaks, God bless them,
will save lives as a result of their actions. And any of you who join me in
supporting them are committing a true act of patriotism. Period.
I stand today in absentia with Julian Assange in London and I ask the judge to
grant him his release. I am willing to guarantee his return to court with the
bail money I have wired to said court. I will not allow this injustice to
continue unchallenged.
P.S. You can read the statement I filed today in the London court here.
P.P.S. If you're reading this in London, please go support Julian Assange and
WikiLeaks at a demonstration at 1 PM today,
 Tuesday the 14th, in front of the Westminster court.

 Michael Moore : Pourquoi j'aide Julian Assange !! - @lter et caetera

http://alter-et-caetera.over-blog.com/article-michael-moore-pourquoi-j-aide-julian-assange-109186619.html
 Déjà en 2010, le documentariste américain a décidé de financer en partie la
caution du cofondateur de    WikiLeaks.Les avocats de Julian Assange ont
présenté, le 14 décembre 2010, au juge de la Westminster Magistrate Court de
Londres un    texte rédigé par mes soins déclarant que je versais 20 000
dollars [15 000 euros] de ma poche pour contribuer à la caution du cofondateur
de WikiLeaks. De plus, j'offre publiquement l'assistance de mon site Internet,
de mes    serveurs, de mes noms de domaine et tout ce que je peux faire pour
garder Julian Assange en vie et lui permettre de continuer de révéler les
crimes qui ont été concoctés en secret et commis en    notre nom et avec nos
impôts.
On nous a entraînés dans la guerre en Irak à partir d'un mensonge. Des
centaines de milliers de personnes y ont trouvé la    mort. Imaginez un peu ce
qui se serait passé si les hommes qui ont organisé ce crime de guerre en 2002
avaient dû être confrontés à un WikiLeaks. Ils n'auraient peut-être pas pu
réussir leur    coup. S'ils ont pu s'en tirer, c'est uniquement parce que le
secret était garanti. Cette garantie vient de leur être
 retirée et j'espère qu'ils ne pourront plus jamais opérer en secret. Alors,
pourquoi WikiLeaks est-il l'objet d'attaques aussi violentes après avoir rendu
un service aussi important au public ? Parce qu'il a démasqué et mis dans
l'embarras ceux qui avaient dissimulé la    vérité.
WikiLeaks mérite notre reconnaissance pour avoir braqué un énorme projecteur
sur ces agissments. Certains dans les grand    groupes de presse démentent son
importance ou le considèrent comme un simple groupe d'anarchistes. Or si
WikiLeaks existe, c'est en partie parce que les médias grand public ont failli
à leur    responsabilité. Les propriétaires ont décimé les salles de rédaction
de sorte que les bons journalistes ne peuvent plus faire leur travail. Il n'y a
plus ni temps ni argent pour le journalisme    d'investigation. En bref, les
investisseurs ne veulent pas que l'on
 parle de ces sujets. Ils aiment que leurs secrets restent... secrets.
Je vous demande d'imaginer à quel point notre monde aurait été différent si
WikiLeaks avait existé il y a dix ans. Regardez    cette photo, George W. Bush
sur le point de se voir remettre un document "secret" le 6 août 2001. La
légende précise : "Ben Laden décidé à frapper sur le territoire américain". Et
ces pages    expliquent que le FBI "a découvert des activités suspectes dans le
pays, cohérentes avec la préparation de détournements". M. Bush avait décidé de
l'ignorer et était parti à la pêche pour les    quatre semaines suivantes. Or,
si ce document avait filtré, comment aurions-nous réagi ? Qu'auraient fait le
Congrès et l'administration de l'aviation civile ? N'y aurait-il pas eu une
chance que    quelqu'un, quelque part, fasse quelque chose si nous avions tous
su que Ben
 Laden projetait de commettre des attentats avec des avions détournés ?
A l'époque, très peu de gens avaient accès à ce document. A cause du secret, un
instructeur de vol de San Diego qui avait    remarqué que deux étudiants
saoudiens ne s'intéressaient ni au décollage ni à l'atterrissage ne fit rien.
S'il avait entendu parler dans la presse de la menace Ben Laden, aurait-il
appelé le FBI    ? (Lisez donc cet essai où Coleen Rowley, un ancien agent du
FBI, désignée personne de l'année par le magazine Time en 2002, explique que,
si WikiLeaks avait été là en 2001, on aurait    peut-être pu empêcher les
attentats du 11 septembre.)
Et si, en 2003, les gens avaient pu lire les notes "secrètes" de Dick Cheney où
il pressait la CIA de lui donner les "faits"    qu'il voulait
 pour monter son dossier en faveur de la guerre ? Si un WikiLeaks avait révélé
qu'il n'y avait de fait aucune arme de destruction massive, pensez-vous que la
guerre aurait été lancée    ? N'y aurait-il pas plutôt eu des appels à
l'arrestation de Cheney ? Ouverture, transparence. Ce sont quelques-unes des
rares armes dont les citoyens disposent pour se protéger des puissants et
des corrompus. Et si, quelques jours après le 4 août 1964, alors que le
Pentagone avait affirmé qu'un de nos navires avait été attaqué par les
Nord-Vietnamiens dans le golfe du Tonkin, il y avait    eu un WikiLeaks pour
dire au peuple américain que cette histoire avait été montée de toutes pièces ?
Je crois que 58 000 de nos soldats (et 2 millions de Vietnamiens) seraient
peut-être encore    vivants aujourd'hui.
S'ils ne le sont pas, c'est parce qu'ils ont été tués par les
 secrets.
Courrier Internationnal  15.12.2010
Michael Moore "la france devient comme les états unis"
Michael Moore alerte Nicolas Sarkozy des dégats d'une privatisation éventuelle
de la Santé en France.

MICHAEL MOORE ALERTE NICOLAS SARKOZY par Jimy325Oak Creek, Aurora, Tucson: ces
fusillades ont fait les manchettes ces derniers jours aux    États-Unis. Et
elles ont fait renaître le débat sur le droit de porter des armes.
Le cinéaste américain Michael Moore, auteur du documentaire
 Bowling for Columbine (2002),      a réagi à ces tueries dans un billet publié
sur le site Alternet et traduit par      Courrier international.

 ESPAÑOL - Carta de Michael Moore: Porque ayudo a Julian AssangeTEXTO PUBLICADO
EN LA JORNADApor Michael Moore (EE.UU.)
                  Lunes, 20 de Agosto de 2012

         Amigos:
Este lunes, en la corte de magistrados de Westminster, en Londres, los abogados
del fundador de Wikileaks, Julian Assange, presentaron un documento enviado por
mí, el cual expresa que he aportado 20 mil dólares para la libertad bajo fianza
de Assange. Además, públicamente ofrezco el apoyo de mi sitio web, mis
servidores, mis nombres
 de dominio y cuanto más pueda hacer para que Wikileaks siga vivo y floreciente
y continúe su labor de exponer los crímenes urdidos y cometidos en secreto en
nuestro nombre y con el dinero de nuestros impuestos. Con una mentira nos
llevaron a la guerra en Iraq. Hoy, cientos de miles están muertos. Imaginemos
lo que habría pasado si los hombres que planeaban esta guerra en 2002 hubieran
tenido que enfrentarse a un Wikileaks. Tal vez no habrían logrado ponerla en
marcha. La única razón por la que creyeron salirse con la suya fue porque
tenían un velo de secreto garantizado. Hoy esa garantía se ha desgarrado, y
espero que jamás puedan volver a operar en secreto. ¿Y entonces por qué, luego
de prestar tan importante servicio público, está hoy bajo un ataque tan
virulento? Porque ha destapado y avergonzado a quienes han ocultado la verdad.
Los denuestos e imprecaciones han rebasado los límites:
El senador Joe Lieberman dice que Wikileaks ha
 violado la Ley de Espionaje.
 George Packer, de The New Yorker, llama a Assange supersigiloso, de pellejo
delgado y megalómano. Sarah Palin sostiene que es un agente antiestadunidense
con las manos manchadas de sangre, a quien habría que perseguir con la misma
urgencia con que perseguimos a Al Qaeda y los líderes del talibán. El demócrata
Bob Beckel (director de la campaña de Walter Mondale en 1984) declaró en Fox
acerca de Assange: “Un muerto no puede andar filtrando cosas… sólo hay una
forma de hacerlo: meterle un plomazo ilegalmente al hijo de puta”. La
republicana Mary Matalin afirma: “Es un sicópata, un sociópata… un terrorista”.
El representante Peter A. King califica a Wikileaks de organización terrorista.
¡Y vaya que lo es! Existe para aterrorizar a los mentirosos y belicosos que han
llevado a la ruina a nuestra nación y a otras. Tal vez la próxima guerra no
será tan fácil porque se ha volteado la mesa y hoy el
 Gran Hermano es el vigilado… ¡por nosotros! Wikileaks merece nuestra gratitud
por arrojar una gran luz sobre todo esto. Pero parte de la prensa corporativa
ha minimizado su importancia (poco de lo que ha revelado es nuevo) o lo retrata
como un sitio anarquista (lo que hace es simplemente publicar todo sin ningún
control editorial). Wikileaks existe, en parte, porque los medios dominantes no
han cumplido su responsabilidad. Las corporaciones que son sus propietarias han
diezmado las redacciones e impedido que los buenos periodistas hagan su
trabajo. Ya no hay tiempo ni dinero para el periodismo de investigación.
Expresado en términos sencillos, los inversionistas no quieren que esas
noticias se revelen. Les gusta que sus secretos se mantengan… en secreto. Les
pido imaginar cuán diferente sería nuestro mundo si Wikileaks hubiera existido
hace 10 años. Hay una foto en la que se ve a George Bush a punto de recibir un
documento secreto, el 6 de
 agosto de 2001. El encabezado dice: Bin Laden, decidido a golpear a EU. Y en
esas páginas se indicaba que la FBI había descubierto actividad sospechosa en
este país, consistente con preparativos para aerosecuestros. Bush decidió hacer
caso omiso y siguió de pesca cuatro semanas más. Pero, si ese documento se
hubiera filtrado, ¿cómo habríamos reaccionado? ¿Qué habrían hecho el Congreso o
la federación de aeronáutica? ¿No habría habido una probabilidad mayor de que
alguien hubiera hecho algo si todos hubiéramos sabido del inminente ataque de
Bin Laden usando aviones comerciales? Pero en ese tiempo sólo unos cuantos
tuvieron acceso al documento. Porque el secreto se mantuvo, un instructor de
vuelo de San Diego que observó que dos estudiantes sauditas no mostraban
interés por el despegue y el aterrizaje no hizo nada. Si se hubiera enterado
por el periódico de la amenaza de Bin Laden, ¿tal vez habría llamado a la FBI?
(La ex agente de
 la FBI Coleen Rowley, distinguida por la revista Time como una de las personas
del año 2002, escribió un artículo en Los Angeles Times en el que señala que si
Wikileaks hubiera existido en 2001, se pudo haber evitado el 11-S.). ¿Y si en
2003 el público hubiera leído los memorandos secretos en los que Dick Cheney
presionaba a la CIA para que le diera hechos que le permitieran construir su
argumentación falsa a favor de la guerra? Si un Wikileaks hubiera revelado en
ese tiempo que en verdad no existían armas de destrucción masiva, ¿creen
ustedes que se habría lanzado la guerra? ¿O más bien habría habido un clamor
para que se arrestara a Cheney?
Apertura, transparencia: ésas son de las pocas armas con que cuenta el pueblo
para protegerse de los poderosos y los corruptos. ¿Qué hubiera pasado si en los
días posteriores al 4 de agosto de 1964 –luego que el Pentágono fabricó la
mentira de que un barco nuestro fue atacado por
 norvietnamitas en el golfo de Tonkin– unWikileaks nos hubiera dicho que todo
fue un invento? Supongo que tal vez 58 mil de nuestros soldados (y dos millones
de vietnamitas) hoy estarían vivos. En cambio, los secretos los mataron. Para
quienes creen que está mal apoyar a Julian Assange por las acusaciones de
ataque sexual que lo tienen sujeto a proceso, todo lo que pido es que no sean
ingenuos respecto de los ardides de un gobierno cuando decide ir tras su presa.
Por favor, nunca crean la historia oficial. Y, al margen de que Assange sea
culpable o inocente (entérense de la extraña naturaleza de las acusaciones),
tiene derecho a presentar una fianza y defenderse. Me he unido a los cineastas
Ken Loach y John Pilger y a la escritora Jemima Khan para reunir el dinero, y
espero que el juez acepte la fianza y lo ponga en libertad este martes. ¿Podría
Wikileaks causar algún daño imprevisto a las negociaciones diplomáticas de
Washington en todo el
 mundo? Tal vez. Pero ése es el precio que se paga cuando un gobierno lleva a
sus ciudadanos a la guerra con base en una mentira. Su castigo es que alguien
encienda las luces de la habitación para ver qué se trae entre manos. No se
puede confiar en él. Así pues, ahora todo cable, todo correo que escriba está
abierto al escrutinio. Lo sentimos, pero eso quiso. Ahora nadie puede
esconderse de la verdad. Nadie puede maquinar la próxima gran mentira si sabe
que tal vez sea expuesta. Y eso es lo mejor que Wikileaks ha hecho. Dios lo
bendiga por salvar vidas con sus acciones. Y quien se sume al esfuerzo por
apoyar a Wikileaks realiza un verdadero acto de patriotismo. Punto. Hoy estaré
en ausencia al lado de Julian Assange en Londres y pido al juez que le conceda
la libertad. Estoy dispuesto a garantizar su retorno al tribunal con el dinero
de la fianza que he enviado. No permitiré que esta injusticia quede sin
respuesta.
 Sinceramente,
*Fuente: La Jornada