----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 10:05 PM
Subject: [CAN] CAN saludo to the Colombian people

www.debticated.com
Yahoo! Groups My Groups | actioncolombia Main Page

The following statement was approved at the Colombia Action Network founding conference this weekend:

To the heroic activists and the progressive forces of Colombia, as the participants of the founding conference of the Colombia Action Network, we salute you and your work to bring progressive change to your nation. Activists from across the U.S. have come together in Chicago, Illinois, to launch a movement of solidarity that will stand beside you in opposition to Plan Colombia, and all U.S. intervention in Colombia.

The Colombia Action Network is opposed to the fumigation campaigns that are poisoning Colombian lands and Colombian people. We stand against the invasion of Colombia by U.S. weapons and U.S. military personnel, which will certainly slow the efforts of Colombian people to build peace based on social justice. We denounce the paramilitary campaigns of terror, which are carried out daily against the Colombian people, with the full collaboration of a U.S.-funded Colombian Army.

Because the Colombian government fails to guarantee its own people human rights, democracy, and basic human needs, we support the work of the Colombian peo0ple to build a new, sovereign Colombia, with peace and justice.

Long live the Colombian people!

- Colombia Action Network, April 8, 2001, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]