On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 7:17 AM ioannis aposperites <aposperi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for your comment. The statement of OKDE(Spartakos) is not an
> analysis; it is rather a part of the discussion inside ANTARSYA and the
> broader Greek left on how to respond to nationalism and warmongering.
> We have indeed bent the stick towards the Greek aggressive policy. This
> is because everybody else in the Greek left condemns the Turkish
> aggressive attitude and the cowardice of the traitorous Greek bourgeois
> government who is about to cede Greek sovereign rights to the enemy!

Yes, actually that makes more sense if it is part of a discussion inside
Antarsya and inside the Greek left generally to be giving much greater
emphasis to Greek nationalism than to Turkey's role. Of course, as I said,
even in more public analysis, it is correct to focus more on Greek
nationalism, for all the reasons you give which as I explained I agree
with. Yes I'm very aware of the overwhelming support for soft (or even
hard) Greek nationalism on the Greek left, and am very grateful that a few
very small organisations such as OKDE fight it. As for Macedonia, which you
also mention, there isn't even any "two sides" to that one, Greece is
simply the oppressor, the one that tried for decades to deny
self-determination. Sure, there are also nutty Macedonian
ultra-nationalists obsessed with Alexander and with drawing maps that
include Thessaloniki, but when you're only weapon is a map, there's not
much to worry about.

I do think a more public statement though, while majorly focusing its fire
on Greek nationalism and exposing the facts as we agree about the
Mediterranean issues, should still have at least a realistic appraisal of
Turkey's own role, in order to be taken seriously.

> Two other statements not nationalist but still not good enough as they
> stand in equal distance from Greece and Turkey, can be found at
>
> http://eek.gr/index.php/announcements/6519-joint-statement-by-the-dip-of-turkey-and-the-eek-of-greece
> and
>
> https://www.emep.org/tr/sermaye-ve-emperyalizmin-planlarini-yenilgiye-ugratarak-bolgede-baris-istiyoruz-mucadelemiz-iscilerin-ve-halklarin-cikarlari-ve-sosyal-kurtuluslari-icindir/

I guess they are both even-handed because they are both joint declarations
of Greek and Turkish leftists, hence appropriate. However, they both seem
to achieve that by omitting too much detail and relying more on general
rhetoric, especially the NAR starement with the Turkish EMEP.

Aside from OKDE, the Cliffite-derived groups always took a strong
anti-nationalist stand, I assume that's still the case. Are there any
others? Also, what is your view of the article by Panayotis Sotiris sent to
the list? I have only glanced and it looks good, though I was a little
surprised that I thought I saw some of the discourse of Greece 'giving way'
there at one point. I'll have a better look.

View/Reply Online (#1308): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/1308
-=-=-
                     POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io