**

AID UKRAINE, NOT ISRAEL’S WAR!

THE UKRAINE SOLIDARITY NETWORK (USN) agrees with the majority of U.S. public
opinion on two crucially important questions confronting the United States and
the world.

We support Ukraine’s defensive war against Russia’s annexationist invasion
launched by President-for-Life Vladimir Putin, and Ukraine’s right to obtain
the weapons it needs for its very survival as an independent nation, for the
protection of the Ukrainian people against Russian atrocities, and the
liberation of Russian-occupied Ukrainian territory. We also demand the
cancellation of Ukraine’s international debt in solidarity with its struggle
for self-determination and in opposition to the imperialist economic designs of
NATO.

We are horrified by the consequences of the six-month Israeli assault on Gaza
and the Palestinian people. Along with the growing majority in the United
States and the world, we demand an immediate permanent ceasefire along with
unobstructed massive humanitarian aid -- food, medical and housing -- to Gaza.

In the United States our priority focus must be on the disastrous actions, or
inaction, of the U.S. government. Critically needed aid for Ukraine is held
hostage by the gridlock in Congress, instigated by the pro-Putin wing of the
MAGA Republican Party. Since the full-scale invasion, the Biden Administration
has failed to supply the range of weapons that Ukrainians have requested to
defend themselves.

Ukraine is struggling to hold back major Russian advances in eastern Ukraine
and brutal attacks on its civilian infrastructure.

We need to state the case bluntly: Without adequate military aid to Ukraine,
Russia’s invasion will do to Ukraine what Israel has done to Gaza. The risk is
that Ukrainian cities will look like Gaza City or Khan Yunis. It is not
necessary to speculate: We only have to look at what Russia already did in
Mariupol or Bucha at the beginning of the war, and what its foreign minister
Sergei Lavrov explicitly said: “Russia is doing in Ukraine what Israel is doing
in Gaza.”

While U.S. aid to Ukraine is stalled and was never adequate to begin with, the
Biden administration has poured unlimited military aid into Israel, including
F-35 aircraft and

five-thousand-pound bombs (which even the U.S. military stopped using in Iraq
when the indiscriminate civilian carnage they caused was revealed). Without
Congressional approval, Biden has released military aid shipments to Israel. He
has refused to do the same for Ukraine.

We absolutely oppose any linkage of aid for Ukraine, which is defending itself
against Russia’s brutal invasion, with aid and military sales to Israel, which
is committing genocide and ethnic cleansing in Gaza and against the Palestinian
people.

After vetoing United Nations Security Council for ceasefire and humanitarian
relief in Gaza, the United States cynically abstained and announced that the
most recent cease fire resolution is non-binding.

The infamous murder of the World Food Kitchen workers in three well-marked aid
convoy vehicles comes on top of Israel’s killing nearly 200 aid workers in
Gaza, its deliberate destruction of medical facilities, and murderous targeting
of journalists. Even the figure of 33,000 Gaza deaths is a vast undercount with
thousands of bodies unrecovered and a mounting death toll from preventable
disease and starvation.

Make no mistake: this is also the fate that Russia’s conquest would portend for
Ukraine. The people of Ukraine and Palestine both have the right to survive and
to national freedom and self-determination. Indeed, in our view they are
inseparable.

Support aid for Ukraine’s survival! End all military aid and sales to Israel!
Immediate permanent ceasefire in Gaza now!

View/Reply Online (#30027): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/30027
-=-=-
POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
#4 Do not exceed five posts a day.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io